Hi, apologies for the lack of posts but I really have been quite busy although some progress has been made. Basically, some time ago now, I decided it was time to expand on the orky terrain. So, after watching a few miniwargaming tutorials I decided I wanted some crashed asteroids. The basic process is making a sort of paper-mache using toilet paper and some watered down pva (btw I prefer the new bottles of this a LOT to the old ones, but it's still ridiculously expensive). Then because I didn't have any styrofoam at hand I cut down pieces of foamboard, scraping off the hard coating. Basically, I was hoping it would melt down when sprayed and produce a sort of rocky mass.
|Here they are in progress|
|I then took some black primer after about 3 days drying (if you do this I suggest waiting till the paper become "rock hard" and does not retain any more moisture from the pva before spraying) and after the first basecoat it looked like this.|
|Some drybrushing later and I had this...|
|To be honest it's not amazing quality terrain but for scratchbuilt it's really not bad - I might make one or two more of these even|
|Here is a scale guardsman who is in the process of being painted - to be discussed next post hopefully.|