29 December 2012

1850 pts Ultramarines vs Daemons

Mission: Emperor's Will, Deployment: diagonal

Ultras:

Librarian
Assault Terminators with Th/SS
Dreadnought with assault cannon, heavy flamer, drop pod with locator beacon
Tactical Squad Multi-melta, meltagun, combi-melta, powerfist, drop pod
Tactical Squad with missile launcher and plasmagun
Stormtalon twin-linked assault cannons and typhoon missile launchers
Stormtalon twin-linked assault cannons and typhoon missile launchers
Thunderfire Cannon, drop pod

Shas'el flamer, fusion blaster, target lock
2 bodyguards with plasma rifle, missile pod and multi-tracker

6 Firewarriors, shas'ui, markerlight

2 Broadsides with blacksun filters

Aegis Defence Line with Quad Gun

Daemons (sorry about the proxies):

Herald on chariot with daemonic gaze, mark of tzeentch (warlord)
Fateweaver

3 Flamers of Tzeentch
3 Flamers of Tzeentch
3 Flamers of Tzeentch

10 Horrors, changeling, icon
10 Plaguebearers with icon
5 plaguebearers
5 plaguebearers

3 Screamers of Tzeentch
3 Screamers of Tzeentch
3 Screamers of Tzeentch

Daemon Prince with Wings, Daemonic gaze, Breath of Chaos, Master of Sorcery and We are legion
Daemon Prince with Wings, Daemonic gaze, Breath of Chaos, Master of Sorcery and We are legion

So I managed to get a game in against Paul who had just built some of his first daemons. And so during terrain set-up I tried to block off my deployment zone and force the daemons to deep strike away from me. Paul for some reason chose los-blocking pieces and plonked them dead centre.

My Warlord got outflank and the biomancy power that gives +d3 initiative and attacks. Paul's herald got -1 to my reserve rolls. 


Paul won the roll-off and gave me first turn, we played this through to his shooting phase with me forgetting that my drop pods arrive turn 1. My techmarine fortified the big ruin where the objective was and Paul's objective was near the small bunker in the centre. So we took it back to my turn and I drop down in his deployment zone near his objective.


Then the daemons start to drop in, and this time he drops most near fatey. Let's just say I take quite a few casaulties and concede first blood killing the quad gun.

Turn 2




Termies use and the drop pod come in, the former using the locator becon to slam down right on target. I shoot and charge the horrors reducing them to one man. I also take off a wound off fatey. And shoot up some flamers.



Plaguebearers then drop into my cleared out defence line...


Over the next few turns my stormtalons don't come in and we have a massive brawl in his backfield. Also in my deployment zone, 5 tacticals manage to down a screamer before being wiped out.



I manage to eventually get one more wound off fateweaver, but on the other side my tau commander is dragged down by plaguebearers.


Eventually my stormtalons come in and kill off all the plaguebearers in my deployment zone but one, as well as getting the warlord. However on the other side, the daemon princes (dethcoptas) join the combats and eventually turn the tide.








Towards the end I'm left with just my two stormtalons and 3 drop pods and so I concede as I can't even really draw because my stormtalons went into hover mode and will be downed in Paul's turn anyway.

Something like 6-1 to the daemons. What I took away from this game mainly was that my stormtalons put out a lot of firepower but if they're forced to stay in reserve that's a lot of firepower left off the board.

Also my defence line placement needs to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails